Before sending in your Apple, you must must log out of your iCloud account first before sending your device.
To do this, follow the instructions below:
Turn Off My Activation iCloud lock
With Apple's operating system (iOS 7 and after), Apple's security has been updated to higher levels than ever.
Sometimes, the device has been erased, but it is still linked to your account, which means we cannot run diagnostics on the phone, delaying the best part - your pay!
Option One: Removing your Activation lock using the device:
- In Settings, tap your name at the top of the list
- Tap "iCloud" and then tap "Find my iPhone"
- Toggle off "Find my iPhone and then type your Apple ID password.
IF you are unable to access your device (could be dead or faulty), you may still unlock it using a web browser.
Option Two: Removing your Activation lock via web browser:
(For dead devices, or devices where you cannot physically navigate to the settings menu)
Note: This must be done on a computer or laptop, not on an iPad or iPhone.
- From a web browser, sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.
- Go to Find iPhone.
- Click All Devices at the top of the screen.
- Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
- Click Erase [device]. Select Next until the device is erased
- Click Remove from Account.
Please click this link for a step by step tutorial on how to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JODw3wo4h_o
If you are having issues removing your Activation Lock after following the above instructions then please contact Apple directly to remove your account. For more details please read: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5661